Saturday, November 17, 2007

Interesting Problem

We are now officially moved into our new apt. I'll post some pics later but this AM i encountered an interesting problem.

Because of space, the majority of the washer and dryers are combined into one unit. Im ok with that. But this morning after loading the washer/dryer unit i see this.



All the buttons are in chinese. I jumped on the internet to find a manual, after 15 minutes i gave up. Apparently this model is a China only model not sold anywhere else. I had no idea what setting to use and what button also makes my clothes dry. So i decided to take a stab and set it somewhere and push some buttons for good luck.

The thing is running as i am writing this, hopefully my clothes come out clean and dry.

3 comments:

Gonzo said...

I hate to tell you this, but your clothes ended up in a small Mongolian village outside Zhending in the year 1224. Ghengis Kahn had the entire village burned the ground for the use of "sorcery" in making such dangerous advanced materials.

Be more careful pushing random buttons over there, ok?

Nahojiro said...

Too funny!

Dan Cleary said...

Chia,

Cragle turned me on to your space. Scary but 20yrs ago my wife and I ventured to Osaka, Japan for a couple of years. I have an exact story recorded in my journal (pre-blog).

Trust me, there are a bag full of these types of stories. They'll be the best one in your life and you'll be sharing them with the grandkids someday.

Enjoy yourself. Keep riding