Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chinese class begins

Well it turns out that a Mandarin Chinese language school is located in the same building as where I am going to live. I signed myself right up to start taking classes this Thursday. Hopefully I can learn enough in the first few classes to communicate with the taxi drivers enough where I no longer have to pull out the Map. That in itself is a interesting because I've come to realize that none of the taxi drivers here have ever seen a map. I'll pull out the map and they'll start looking at it upside down, sideways, you name it even though its got Chinese written right next to the English words. oh.. we've also learned not to take the Red or Blue taxis, they tend to not know where they are going.

And try to avoid the motorcycle taxis, not sure how safe they are





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found any good training routes on that map?

dave

Chia said...

not really... but its better than nothing. There is a group ride riding 100k this weekend that im joining.