Saturday, October 27, 2007

Shanghai Group Ride

I found this local club called Flying Hairy Legs which is basically made up of a whole bunch of expats like myself thru a guy named Martin I met on Thursday morning.
Meeting time: 7:00 am at the German Center (10 min ride from where i am staying and living)





Ride Distance: approx 100k. I need to start thinking in km because I have no idea how far that is.

# of people: id say there were a good 25 people at the start




about 40 minutes into the ride we were riding on what felt like a Highway because it had 4 lanes and metal guard rails on the side. Then the Semi pulled up next to us going just a little faster than we are and the next thing I know there were 6 of us sucking this guys draft going id say 45 mph (I have no speedo but I was spinning out in my 53/12 ). We did this for id say 3 to 4 miles until we turned off to head toward the Pudong International Airport. Not soon after the airport the road turned narrow with little traffic.




Martin is on the local Trek Development team (riding a Trek in Marco Polo colors) turns to me and says "lets go" he takes off.. I jump on.. I take two pulls and then it's time for me to pop (HR 190). little did I know there was the sprint maker 1 mile up.

Anyhow, after that we stopped at a local market where a bunch of locals were looking at us like we were aliens.




On the way back it was much slower and I had a chance to talk to everyone. People from Singapore, UK, Scotland, Austrailia, US, I think I'm missing a bunch.

One of the guys took a picture of me on the nice FLAT road on the way back. Definitely different scenery around here..




Last note.

CRIT RACE NEXT WEEKEND!!! Grandstay's going to "rock the free world" in Shanghai.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sweeettttttttttttt

Unknown said...

conversion: 40k = ~25 mi